TERMS & CONDITIONS
2018 SNAP SHOT SERIES COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand excluding employees of Jeanswest Corporation Pty Ltd.
- The competition commences on 25th June at 10.00 (AEST) and concludes on 13th July at 17:00 (AEST).
- To enter the competition participants must;
a. Visit www.snapshotseries.com.au to fill out the entry form and upload the entry photograph in either format(s) by 17:00 (AEST) Friday 13th July 2018;
i. Hi resolution jpg 300dpi CMYK (3mb)
ii. Hi resolution jpg 300dpi RGB (3mb)
b. Post a new image to Instagram and include a tag #jwsnapshot18
- Entries must be the original work of the particular entrant. Jeanswest will consider any entries received to be original and authorised and to not breach any copyright rules. An entry will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by Jeanswest Corporation Pty Ltd via the www.snapshotseries.com.au website.
- An entry must not refer to racial issues, sexual connotations, personal or public slander, brand names nor should it include people’s full names or details.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
- Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Entrants in the competition may enter more than once.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- All entries received will be judged by the Jeanswest Snapshot Series Panel between Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th July 2018. All winners will be notified by telephone and confirmation email using the details provided within their entry within 2 days of judging. Judging will be conducted on the basis of; creativity, marketability, use of colour and treatments, incorporation of competition theme and overall collection.
- There are 6 prize packs containing; $500 Jeanswest Gift Card, a Polaroid Snap camera & film and a Jeanswest Snap Shot Series Mens Tee valued at $764.99. There is one Voter’s prize; a $250 Jeanswest Gift Card.
- The major prizes will be awarded based on merit, as judged by the panel.
- The Voters Choice prize draw will take place on 17th July at Jeanswest Headquarters in Melbourne at 2.00pm.
- Prizes not claimed within 90 days will be deemed void. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn at 14-16 Yarra St, South Yarra VIC 3141 at 9am on 31st October 2018. Winner will be notified by be notified in writing within 5 days of the draw.
- The prize(s) must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated address within the entry form and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim prize elements. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the entrant will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- In the event that any prize item is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Except with the written consent of the Promoter, prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless stated. The Promoter has absolute discretion as to whether it will provide such consent and need not provide any reasons to any person for providing or withholding consent.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the entrant to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The prize winners by accepting the prize, the entrant agrees to have his/her entry photograph & story to be used within the Jeanswest ‘Tee Collection, to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- By accepting the prize, entrants agree to their entry photograph/image/s being used, modified, deleted, or reproduced by Jeanswest for promotional purposes whether it be social media, advertising or communications.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winners hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winners, the individual winner hereby permits the winner’s entry whether part or whole during the winner’s participation in the prize, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever an entrant does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the entrant and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- The successful entrants will be notified by telephone within 2 days of the judging and will also be sent an email advising them of their prize(s).
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Entrant/Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- The Promoter is Jeanswest Corporation Pty Ltd, (ABN: 61 007 305 839) of 14-16 Yarra Street, South Yarra VIC 3141. NSW Permit Number LTPS/18/25826.